Sunday, September 15, 2013

birthday + college life

Hello Again,
    I obviously am not a proficient blogger, but decided to write another post! We will see how long this goes on. Anyway, I figured today would be a good day because I am 19 now! I can't believe I am in my final year of being a teenager, it has gone by so quickly.
    I have been in college for two weeks now, but I am staying at home. I love that, because I get home cooked meals, and my own room! But the real reason is so that I can enjoy some more time of living with my family and learning the ropes of owning a home. I have been trying really hard to help out with the housework and pulling my weight. It is getting easier now that I have my school schedule worked out for the most part. Also, I still get to go to my home church, and see my friends often. :) I am involved in a small group/Bible study at school, and really like the people I have met there so far.
Overall, it is going well and am glad that I made the decision to stay home.
    Right now I am taking a break from school work and watching Home Improvement :) I am really enjoying my classes so far, and right now I am working on a really interesting post for my Composition class. We have to right about "challenging assumptions" about groups of people or ideas, and I am writing about assuming Black people are African-American and African-American people are Black. It's interesting for me because I am 50% Rhodesian, so technically I could be considered African-American! Hm! Just a thought.
Well, I should probably get back to my work. Or do some chores....
Bye for now!
I shall leave you with a photo I took this past summer.
Kinda tunnel-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment